ADFLY

Monday, January 30, 2012

A Weekend Away From It All...In Downtown Halifax...


Best known for his award-winning novel Fight Club, Chuck Palahniuk once said: "The only reason we ask other people how their weekend was is so we can tell them about our own weekend"




So...How was your weekend?

Now let me tell you about mine...

My girlfriend's Birthday was quickly approaching and she wanted nothing but to spend it with me...SO...Because we have different circles of friends, I wasn't sure what to plan...Then it dawned on me...Yuk Yuk's.

I try to go there as often as I can...SO FUN! So that's what I decided to plan, I'll take her to Yuk Yuk's...But Where will we eat...And we're definitely gonna have a few drinks...Cab it? Find a DD?

Eat. Laugh. Stay.

We check into the beautiful Westin Hotel, take the elevator down to the incredible Elements restaurant and then cross the hall to enjoy the hilarity at Yuk Yuk's comedy club. We didn't even need to bring our coats!

I'll start with the stay:

The rooms were extremely clean and ours in particular was huge! What can I say about the The Heavenly Bed®...The name speaks for itself...They even have The Heavenly Shower/Bath®...Sweeeeet. The staff are friendly and very helpful...The hotel is pretty big...We got lost in the halls a few times (Hahaha)
You can also take a dip in their gorgeous pool or spend the day at the Sykea Spa located in the hotel...But after a glass (Or bottle) of wine...We thought it best to avoid the 2!

A gr8 idea for Valentine's Day:
http://deals.westin.com/Westin-Nova-Scotian-Halifax-Hotel-1081/romance.htm

The Eats?

I'm a HUGE fan of fancy restaurants...Just not their prices. Which is why I'm now the HUGEST (Don't let my fancy vocabulary frighten you...) fan of 'Elements On Hollis'. The menu is AMAZING and the prices even better! Something that stands out most to me about this particular hot spot is their commitment to using only local, fresh ingredients, even the beverage selection features local wineries, breweries and distilleries and again, the prices...Fabulous!
After meeting one of the two home-grown Maritime Chefs, Bryan Corkery...I want to try EVERYTHING on the menu!

See for yourself:
http://www.elementsonhollis.ca/Menus

The Laughs:

I've always been a fan of stand up comedy...But for a long time...There really wasn't anywhere to get your fill of it. Then came Yuk Yuk's...I don't know how many people I've met that haven't yet been there...Are you one of them?? Get your life together and go!!! You can go Wednesday through Sunday and choose from a variety of acts and packages...And be sure to get your snack on inside the club too...
Snack-a-licious!!

This week: Kyle Radke with Kathleen McGee & Adam Delorey

***This isn't his funniest material...It's the only clip I could find that's "Clean" Hahaha...He's HILARIOUS!



A big thanks to all the folks that were responsible for the amazing time my girl and I had there this weekend! Cheers!

K8

amung.us