ADFLY

Sunday, October 18, 2009

I wasnt easy on myself

Lara Dutta may look stunning in Blue, but getting fit for the role was something she took seriouslyLIFE COULDN’T BE better for Lara Dutta. As she plays the heroine in the multi-starrer movie Blue starring Akshay Kumar, Sanjay Dutt and Zayed Khan. Excerpts from an interview:

You have been in a lot of situational comedies, is this your forte? Well, I guess I am good at it. That’s why directors who are looking for an actress who needs to perform comedy. As well as hold their own in front of actors like Govinda, Anil, etc. - come to me. So, directors like Priyadarshan or David Dhawan have that kind of faith in me, which is fantastic and I also enjoy comedy.


How much did you workout to get the perfect body to get into swimwear for Blue? I really took it seriously. When you are underwater, water is an unforgiving medium; any little amount of fat also kind of ripples underwater. So, I wasn’t easy on myself. I am at my physical best right now and worked really hard to achieve this. It took me around six months to learn swimming. So, it wasn’t easy and it did not happen overnight.

What is the coolest thing about a treasure hunt? The coolest thing about it is the hunt itself. The whole journey to the unknown where you aren’t sure whether you will find the pot of gold that you’re looking for is amazing. It’s the entire preparation; the sheer adrenaline rush knowing that you are embarking on something that is unknown is amazing.

This is your second film with Sanjay Dutt after Zinda, how do you feel about your onscreen chemistry? They were two different films. In Zinda the relationship was different, it was between two strangers who meet and there was a lot of physical tension between them as well. But in Blue, Mona (Lara’s character) is his fiancée; she is the woman in his life for many years.

They are very comfortable with each other and they are in a live-in kind of a relationship. Sanjay is really easy to work with. He’s also got the experience factor, so when he comes on the set I really do not have to worry about how it is going to go (laughs). It’s really easy to be in a scene with him.

Was the movie delayed because Sanjay was busy campaigning for his party? I think we finished most of the movie on schedule. The movie got delayed mainly because of the multiplex strike. But in a way its good that it was delayed, because it gave us more time to work on the movie.

amung.us