ADFLY

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Vidya Balan mouths vulgar gaaliyaan

Think of Vidya Balan and the first thing that comes to mind is the picture of.

This demure, elegant, well-behaved, eloquent woman who would never use foul language for anyone, even for foes.

And now imagine her discomfort when she had to mouth.


The choicest of desi expletives for her role of a rural girl in the upcoming movie Ishqiya.

“Oh! I was very apprehensive while using those slangs. I have never used them in my real life but I had to because the script demanded. When you will see this movie, you will understand that it is justified. The movie belongs to a certain terrain where slangs are part of their lingo,” Vidya is quoted to have said in an interview.

‘Ishqiya’ tells the story of two thugs, an uncle nephew duo (played by Naseeruddin Shah and Arshad Warsi) on the run. They flee to a village in eastern Uttar Pradesh where they take shelter in the house of a clever village belle, played by Vidya Balan.

Vidya’s character in the film is nobody’s fool. She’s a fiery gal who utters gaaliyaan with fluency. However, mouthing those abuses was so embarrassing for Vidya that she did not even rehearse her dialogues on the sets.

“I never rehearsed on the sets as I used to feel awkward. So I used to come prepared on the sets and once the director used to say action, I used to forget everything and everyone,” Vidya said. In case you’re wondering what expletives Vidya has used in the film, she’s uttered the popular gaaliyaan that begins with ‘Ch…’ and ‘G…’.

Speaking more about her role, Vidya said: “As I am playing a rural girl, my look is very much deglamourised so that I look like my character Krishna. It is an interesting role with many shades.” ‘Ishqiya’ is directed by first time director Abhishek Chaubey and produced by Vishal Bharadwaj. Contrary to rumours, the film is not being re-shot.

amung.us