ADFLY

Thursday, June 28, 2012

'Time to do an item number'


`Time to do an item number`
Actor talks about getting overdosed on action and enjoying the comic Rowdy Rathore in a houseful London theatre 

He may have been out of Bollywood films for a while now, but Sunil Shetty is quite upbeat about his forthcoming project. Especially, because he gets to play a director. Known to be an out-and-out action hero, the actor says his desire to do something different is what nudged him to sign this film.

You are playing a director in the film...
Yes, I play the role of a director called Amar Joshi. He wants to make a film based on a true story. He owns a video parlour in Benaras but all he wants to do in life is to become a director. This film has romance, humour and pain and I think everyone will connect and relate to it.

Why did you suddenly choose to do a comedy?
Indian cinema is changing and I felt there was an over-dose of action. Hence, I wanted to try something different and that’s why I chose to do comedy. 

With films like The Dirty Picture and Paan Singh Tomar, there is wider acceptance among the audience. I loved Akki’s performance in Rowdy Rathore. I saw it in London and it was houseful.

More and more actors are doing item numbers. What about you?
If the script requires me to do one, I will surely do it.

Recently, you have been associated with cricket, hockey and even football...
I’ve always been passionate about sports. My day starts at 5 am and ends at 10 pm. Even my father starts his day with swimming and walking, while my mother does yoga. 

amung.us