ADFLY

Friday, May 11, 2012

What Mom Really Wants


  • To have my 14-year-old answer a question without rolling her eyes in that "Why is this person my mother?" way.
  • Five pounds of chocolate that won't add twenty.
  • A shower without a child peeking through the curtain with a "Hi ya, Mom!" just as I put razor to my ankle.
  • A fulltime cleaning person who looks like Brad Pitt.
  • For my teenager to announce, "Hey, Mom! I got a full scholarship and a job all in the same day!"
  • A grocery store that doesn't have candy/gum/cheap toys displayed at the checkout line.
  • To have a family meal without a discussion about bodily secretions.
  • To be able to step on a plane with my toddlers and not have some pencil-neck-yuppie-geek moan, "Oh, no! Why me?"
  • Four words: Fisher Price Play Prison

amung.us