ADFLY

Friday, July 13, 2012

Kainaz 'Bold' Motivala was flooded with offers of sex films


Actress Kainaz Motivala, who will soon be seen in the role of a chauffeur in "Challo Driver", says she chose this unusual role as she wanted to shed her bold image that she acquired after her debut film "Ragini MMS".

"That's exactly why I took up this film. After 'Ragini MMS' I was flooded with offers of similar roles - sex films, bold films. It had become Kainaz 'Bold' Motivala and I did not like that tag at all, and I had to get rid of that tag somehow," the 25-year-old actress said here Wednesday at a promotional press conference of the film.

"When I could have starred in 10 films, I decided I'd much rather wait and do one good film which will rid me of that tag because I didn't want to get typecast. The best thing about an actor is that you do something different everyday. I am open to any genre and I definitely don't want to do just one thing," she added.

She enjoyed playing the driver's role and says it was not at all difficult.

"Driving is a complete stress buster for me. Not in Mumbai, here it is more of a stress giver than a stress buster. But I do enjoy driving when the roads are empty," said Kainaz, who was also seen in small roles in "Paathshala" and "Wake Up Sid."

What was challenging was to play a Delhi girl convincingly.

"Preparing as a chauffeur was not a problem because I have been driving since I was 18. But I had to prepare, in the sense, this girl is from Delhi and Delhi girls are different from Mumbai girls in many ways. That is what I had to work on," said Kainaz.

Vickrant Mahajan plays the male lead and he has also directed "Challo Driver".

The film also stars Prem Chopra and Manoj Pahwa and hits theatres July 20.

amung.us