ADFLY

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

BREAKING UP


While relationships are always a uniquely personal experience, breakups almost always seem to follow the same script: apologies ("I never meant to hurt you"), tears, protestations ("You're great, but...") and promises ("You're better off finding someone who will appreciate you"). There is always, always at least one of these cliches uttered. If you've been told one of these breakup lines, it's time you learned the truth.

What your ex said: "It's not you, it's me." What your ex meant: "It's you."

What your ex said: "I'm just so busy these days." What your ex meant: "I don't care about you enough."

What your ex said: "I can't give you what you need." What your ex meant: "I don't want to give you what you need."

What your ex said: "I need space." What your ex meant: "I am freaking out."

What your ex said: "We should see other people." What your ex meant: "I want to see other people naked."

What your ex said: "I love you, but I'm not in love with you." What your ex meant: "I am so not attracted to you anymore."

What your ex said: "I'm just not good at relationships." What your ex meant: "I'm just not good at relationships...and don't care to improve."

amung.us